Jobs & Internships
The San Francisco Ethics Commission seeks interns for public service projects. The mission of the Commission is to practice and promote the highest standards of ethical behavior in government. Towards that end, we work to:
- inform candidates for public office, public employees and other officials and members of the public of existing ethics laws and rules,
- enforce all ethics laws and rules, including campaign finance and open government laws, and
- recommend new laws, rules and programs that will lead to ethics compliance.
We are offering unpaid internships to individuals who have
- an interest in municipal government and politics,
- excellent work habits,
- knowledge of Windows-based word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, preferably in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- excellent attention to detail, and
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interns may work in any of the areas that are subject to the jurisdiction of the Commission, such as campaign finance reporting, campaign consultant and lobbyist registration and reporting, and conflicts of interest law application. Typical work may include meeting and greeting the public, running errands, performing data entry and filing tasks, analyzing data, and preparing reports. Because some of our work involves confidential documents, interns must exhibit the highest degree of discretion. All interns receive supervision and can acquire a wealth of experience in and knowledge about local government. Although our internships are non-paid positions, individuals may qualify to receive school credit.
Interested individuals should submit their resumes and cover letters to:
San Francisco Ethics Commission
25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220
San Francisco, CA 94102
If you have questions, please contact the Commission at 415-252-3100 or by email@example.com.