Campaign Finance Filings and Data
The campaign finance database is the San Francisco Ethics Commission's repository for records relating to campaign finance and campaign consultant filings. It can answer questions about who is contributing money, who is receiving money, and how it is being spent. Use the campaign finance database to research campaign contributions and expenditures, or review campaign committee and campaign consultant statements and filing history.
The database provides live access to the Ethics Commission's records. Filings are accessible onced processed/posted by the Ethics Commission. Transactions can be extracted or searched for e-filed campaign finance Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) forms 460, 461, 465, 496 and 497. All transactions are posted live to the system as they are e-filed and are accessible within the "Advanced Search" or an export of a committee's transactions, with the exception of annual transaction exports which represent an export of all transactions in the database as of the previous calendar day. A list of committees and other campaign filers included in the database is available for download.
How To Use The Database
For assistance, please see the following help pages:
In addition to the database, the Commission maintains a variety of datasets on data.sfgov.org that can be analyzed online or downloaded into CSV, Excel and JSON formats. The datasets are also accessible via the Socrata API.
Charts and Analysis
November 5, 2013, Election
November 6, 2012 Election
June 5, 2012 Election
- Total Contributions and Expenditures for Committees Formed to Support or Oppose Measure A - Garbage Collection and Disposal
- Total Contributions and Expenditures for Committees Formed to Support or Oppose Measure B - Protect Coit Tower
November 8, 2011 Election
- Total Contributions Raised by Candidates for Mayor 2011
- Total Expenditures Made by Candidates for Mayor 2011
- Map of Itemized Monetary Contributions to Committees Controlled by Candidates for Mayor 2011 Grouped by Zip Code
- Third-Party Spending in 2011
- Report on the 2011 Limited Public Financing Program
The following datasets contain all of the transactions filed on the applicable schedule by any committee that files electronic statements.
Datasets - FPPC Form 460 - Recipient Committee Campaign Statement
- Summary Totals
- Schedule A - Monetary Contributions
- Schedule B1 - Loans Received
- Schedule B2 - Loan Guarantors
- Schedule C - Non-Monetary Contributions
- Schedule D - Summary of Expenditures Supporting/Opposing Other Candidates, Measures and Committees
- Schedule E - Payments Made
- Schedule F - Accrued Expenses (Unpaid Bills)
- Schedule G - Payments Made by an Agent or Independent Contractor
- Schedule H - Loans Made to Others
- Schedule I - Miscellaneous Increases to Cash
Datasets - FPPC Form 461 - Major Donor and Independent Expenditure Committee Statement
- Part 5 - Contributions (Including Loans, Forgiveness of Loans, and Loan Guarantees) and Expenditures Made